CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DURING COVID-19
The pandemic may have changed many things in our lives. One thing that hasn't changed is God's love for us. At SDCC Kidz, we are committed to loving God's children like Jesus loves them! We are not meeting on the SDCC Campus right now. However, we are still available for your family.
We are doing our best to offer hope and to build faith in our children. There are a few opportunities for us to offer encouragement:
- Weekly streaming services full of thought-provoking, faith-building content! CLICK HERE to find SDCC Kidz videos (parents like them too!) as well as our weekly, whole-family services that are live-streamed and archived there as well.
- Weekday Devotionals are provided below to help families talk through the thoughts and concerns their children may have. These devotionals are great ways for children to think about how God is working in all the life situations they are experiencing right now.
- Sign up to receive notifications of new and exciting resources, announcements and activities by texting FUN to (386) 337-3099!
The COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted all of us in different ways and to different extents. We know that children are no exception to the rule. The Bible has some great encouragement and ideas to help all of us see God's hand at work in our lives...protecting, guiding and loving us through a difficult season of life. Let this devotion encourage your family as you watch it. Then take the steps below to READ THIS, THINK ABOUT THIS, TALK ABOUT THIS and PRAY THIS!
(Want to view these images larger? Click the link at the bottom of this page.)
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Visit our Prayer Page to request a call from our Children's Minister, Tami Fricke or our Youth Minister, David Prestridge.
Weekly Ministry Schedule
9:00am - Nursery for infants & toddlers during Bible Studies
- Sunday School for 3's - Kindergarten
- 1st - 5th meet in The Plunge room for activities
10:00am - Nursery for infants & toddlers during adult Worship Service
- Wee Worship for 3's - Kindergarten
- 1st - 5th continue in The Plunge room for Children’s Church
6:00pm - During the school year SDCC Kidz meet for pizza ($4) dessert & drinks provided
6:30pm - Nursery for infants & toddlers during Bible Studies
- 4's - Kindergarten have a fun learning time
- SDCC Kidz Bible Study & Activities for 1st - 5th graders
*all groups finish up at 7:30pm and summer times and activities for SDCC Kidz vary
VBS - Every summer we provide a week of themed fun for children! Vacation Bible School is from 9am to noon each day of that week. Watch the church calendar for the dates!
There are also many activities that happen outside of these times and sometimes outside of the church! There’s always plenty of notice and time to sign up for these special events. We also have a new Van Ministry that picks up children for Sunday mornings.