Our current response to Covid-19:
The following are guidelines and specifics for our services. We will explore trends and update the policies every 2 weeks.
This page will be updated frequently, so be sure to check here frequently if you have any questions about our plans going forward.
WHILE AT THE CHURCH WE ASK YOU TO:
1. Practice social distancing.
2. Refrain from hugging, shaking hands, etc.
3. Masks are recommended but still optional, so it will be your decision if you want to wear one. We do have some disposable ones available if needed. Please be kind and respect the decision of others either way on this issue. We know there are some strong opinions on masks out there.
4. Please don’t gather to chat in the café or hallway at this time.
5. Use the provided hand sanitizer to clean your hands frequently.
A FEW SPECIFICS TO KNOW:
1. Seating in the auditorium will be marked with proper spacing, so please follow those guidelines - even if you can’t sit in your usual spot :)
2. We ask families to sit together.
3. If we reach capacity or for families with young children, we may broadcast in the Fellowship Hall to maintain social distance.
4. If you are not feeling well, or vulnerable to COVID-19, please stay home and enjoy the services online.
5. Greeters will be at the doors to assist you with safety measures as needed. We will not hand you anything (bulletins, etc.) at this time.
6. We will not pass communion or offering plates. There will be stations at the front for communion and you can drop your offering in the plate at the same time (or give online). The communion will be spaced so that only one serving will be touched by each person. (one cup has “the bread” and another cup is placed on top of that one with the juice so you will pick up both cups together - and they are spaced apart within the tray)
For those who prefer or who have disabilities, you may pick up a self contained communion packet at the Welcome Center before service begins.
7. Please wear a mask while entering and exiting. We will provide you with one if needed. And, please use the available hand sanitizers on entering, departing and before communion.
OUR CLEANING PROCEDURES:
We are using an ionizer after people have been in certain areas. This machine sanitizes and sterilizes everything in the room.
Our custodian, the wonderful Candy, has taken extra steps to keep our building clean and sanitized:
Auditorium sanitized after each service
Door handles sanitized
All used rooms cleaned
WORSHIP WITH US ONLINE EVERY SUNDAY!
If you are unable to attend, you can worship with us online every Sunday at 10:00AM! Join us on Facebook or at www.sdccfl.org.